February is the month of LOVE so remember to put your heart into everything you do as you set the momentum for 2020.
The ASI Wellness team believes that it is important to guard the most important organ in your body, YOUR HEART. The heart is not only responsible for pumping blood through-out your body, but it also allows you to form lasting relationships and develop compassion to serve others.
DID YOU KNOW?
It is possible to have a broken heart. It’s called broken heart syndrome and may have symptoms similar to a heart attack. The difference is that a heart attack is from heart disease and broken heart syndrome is caused by a rush of stress hormones from an emotional or physical stress event.
3 INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT YOUR HEART
- Laughing is good for your heart. It reduces stress and gives a boost to your immune system
- Your heart pumps roughly 7570.8 litres of blood into your system daily
- The heart can continue beating even when it’s disconnected from the body.
LEARN TO LOVE YOUR HEART
- Get physical, exercise is good for you – this helps the heart to pump blood through the blood vessels to reach your muscles and this assists the muscles to work effectively
- Eat healthy – good nutrition lowers your risk of heart diseases and stroke
- Minimize your salt intake – this reduces blood pressure and lowers the risks of heart diseases.